Software is our passion; we are driven by innovation. Team focused, agile in delivery, we strive to support our customers and their mission critical business transactions. We work hard and take pride in our collaborative environment, in the office or anywhere else. Entrepreneurial in spirt with a long track record of success!
Business Analyst Job Responsibilities
- Collaborates with client project sponsors to determine vision and scope of effort
- Elicits, analyzes, specifies, and documents business requirements for applications and web-based solutions
- Conducts interviews to gather requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, and other methods
- Gather the information needed to guide a developer to the client’s goals
- Participate in review sessions of completed system requirements with key business users for approval. Work with implementation team to obtain consensus and signoff on requirements and deliverables
- Helps in project planning and work prioritization
- Provides product and subject matter expertise to the team throughout the project lifecycle
- Operates as a member of a software development team, work closely with application developers to arrive at a finished product
- Collaborate with the information architect to develop functional specifications
- Involved in user acceptance test planning and test facilitation or execution
- Builds customer relationships, works on Projects as well as support effort
Business Analyst Qualifications/Skills
- Able to exercise independent judgment and act on it
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Outstanding listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Logical, efficient, and detailed orientated
- Self-motivated with a drive towards customer service and satisfaction
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Education and Experience
- Proven experience in business analysis including defining requirements and conducting user acceptance testing for business-critical solutions in complex environments
- Preferred candidate will have Property and Casualty Insurance experience and knowledge with an understanding of the terminology, business functions and processes, including the processing of personal lines, commercial lines, and claims business
Experienced analysis methodologies including working knowledge of business analysis documentation standards
College diploma. university degree, or related levels of experience
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Willingness to pursue Insurance designations and certifications
- Headquartered in Sheboygan WI, Horizon Systems & Services, Inc. is an established and growing provider of application software technology solutions to the Property and Casualty Insurance Industry.
- We are a customer centric organization with plenty of opportunity for growth in your career. Work where you are most productive; be that at home, in the office, or somewhere in between. We support our team and believe in giving you the opportunities you desire.
- Horizon Systems & Services offers its employees a generous array of benefits, including medical and dental insurance, life insurance, long term disability insurance, a 401K program, and a graduated vacation policy.
- Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
- Standard Apply:email@example.com