The Product Manager acts as the subject matter expert and visionary authority, responsible for
driving the application product roadmap. This individual is responsible for identifying customer
needs and defining the system features which represent a functional and structured business
solution. This role incorporates substantial industry marketplace analysis, component and release
definition, prioritization of development activities, product training, and product marketing
Summary of Essential Job Functions
The Product Manager will act as the team leader; providing expertise, direction, and accountability in bringing superior software solutions to market. In addition, the Product Manager will:
- Collaborate in the development of division, program or project roadmaps that effectively deliver business capabilities
- Understand long range business and IT strategies; market, operational, and technology trends
- Establish that program and/or project objectives and are aligned with business strategic direction and ensure solutions (people, process and technology) meet these objectives.
- Collaborate with project leads and subject matter experts to develop the strategy on how requirements will be approached and managed for large or complex programs and/or projects
- Work with project leads to develop requirements work plans, identify task dependencies across initiatives, develop estimates and determine resource skill requirements; support risk management and change management activities
- Manage program level requirement traceability and changes throughout the project lifecycle
- Ensure the test strategy and test plans adequately cover the requirements across initiatives
- Assist in defect resolution
- Provide coaching and mentoring to other team members to facilitate a better understanding of requirements techniques, processes and deliverables needed to support successful project delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, IT or Business
- 7 or more years of hands on involvement with Property and Casualty Insurance systems and subject matter expertise with the associated business processing systems
- Experienced with medium to large projects of varying complexity
- Proven ability to motivate a team through coaching and mentoring
- Analytical skills, including strong ability to break problems into component parts and address individual issues in order to develop an appropriate and thorough solution
- Interviewing skills as related to requirements elicitation and data gathering
- Self-motivated, deadline-driven, ability to support multiple projects with competing for priority
- Attention to detail with the ability to understand how a process fits into the overall business model
- Conduct research and analysis with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence others and negotiate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Solid interpersonal, facilitation, negotiation, and conflict-management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Headquartered in Sheboygan WI, Horizon Systems & Services, Inc. is an established and growing provider of application software technology solutions to the Property and Casualty Insurance Industry.
We are a customer centric organization with plenty of opportunity for growth in your career. Work where you are most productive; be that at home, in the office, or somewhere in between. We support our team and believe in giving you the opportunities you desire.
Horizon Systems & Services offers its employees a generous array of benefits, including medical and dental insurance, life insurance, long term disability insurance, a 401K program, and a graduated vacation policy.
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
- Standard Apply:firstname.lastname@example.org